Style – Use in-text citations. Follow the APA style manual guidelines for in-text citations and bibliographic information. Use American spelling.
Format – Two files should be submitted. Both should be .doc or .docx files.
- Include the title at the top of the first page
- Include an abstract of no more than 250 words on the first page.
- Include key words on the first page.
- Begin the paper on the second page.
- Number pages in the upper right hand corner.
- Paper should be size 12 font, Times New Roman, double spaced.
- Images may be included in the text or as separate files. If another format is needed before publication, the author will be contacted.
- All papers must be written in English using American spelling.
- Papers, including poll reviews, should generally be shorter than 4,000 words. Research notes, poll trends, and book reviews of fewer than 2,000 words will also be considered.
- 10. Do not include your name, funding acknowledgments, or other identifying information on the paper itself. This will allow us to review your manuscript anonymously.
The title page should:
- have your name and contact details (email address, address, phone number).
- include a brief biography of the author(s).
- include funding acknowledgments if necessary. Use the full names of any funding organizations.
- be a separate .doc file.
Copyright – If your paper is accepted, in order to be published, you must give us exclusive license to publish. This means that any requests to reprint the paper will come through ANPOR. Papers must not have been previously published.
Other guidelines – If you write about a survey you conducted, please include:
1. population of survey
2. response rate
3. survey methodology
4. If you include a table, chart, or graph about a survey question, include:
- exact question and answer wording
- number of respondents for each answer
- percent of respondents for each answer