First Annual Conference a Success
ANPOR’s first annual conference, held in Seoul, South Korea, November 21- 23, 2013, was a great success.
Approximately 300 participants representing at least 15 countries attended.
More than 150 oral and poster presentations were made.
In addition, the annual business meeting for ANPOR members, a council meeting, and a joint meeting of the journal board and committee took place during the conference.
One highlight was the cultural presentation of Korean traditional music at the banquet.
We are pleased to announce that this year’s conference will take place in Japan.
ANPOR Event Planned
The ASEAN Media and Communication Studies and Research Center (AMSAR), School of Communication Arts, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce is hosting an international conference in co-operation with several other organizations and institutions, including ANPOR. The conference is titled “Transforming Communication Landscape: Lessons from ASEAN+.” The conference will be held April 9-11, 2014 in Thailand. The conference is organized in conjunction with UTCC‘s 50th Anniversary, with a focus on the impact of digital technology on our society and the development of a new digital civilization. The conference proceedings will be published online. The deadline for submitting abstracts is March 1. We hope that as many ANPOR members as possible can participate in this conference. See the poster below or http://www.amsarthailand.utcc.ac.th/index.php/2013-07-30- 09-38-20/38-call-fors-paperstransforming-communicationlandscape-in-digitalizationera-lessons-from-asean for more information.
Congratulations to the Conference Best Paper& Poster Winners!
Many excellent papers and posters were presented at the first annual ANPOR conference in Seoul. Awards were given for the best papers and posters.
Congratulations to the winners of the best conference paper award:
- Syed Arabi Idid and Rizwanah Souket for “Analyzing Effects of Political Literature: the Third-Person Effects on Party Member.”
- Useok Seo and Ock Tae Kim for “The Relationship Between Survey Interviewer’s Professional Efficacy, Professional and Work Continuity.”
- Tassanee Krirkgulthorn, Bang-On Phoanoi, and Siritorn Yingrengreung for “Attitude and Performance of Thai Nursing Students towards Nursing Care for Elderly.”
Congratulations also to the winners of the best poster presentations:
- Jantima Kheokao, Wassana Witheesawat, Nattakorn Ruangdit, and Pornpong Sakdapat for “Factors Effecting Aggressive and Violence Behaviors and Learning Behavior among High School Students in Bangkok.”
- Soojin Han for “The Effect of Education Heterogeneity in Networks on Political Knowledge.”
We are pleased to announce the Second Annual ANPOR Conference!
Conference Location: Niigata, Japan
Conference Dates: November 29-30, 2014
Post-Conference Tour: December 1, 2014
Abstract Submission Deadline: June 30, 2014
Early Bird Registration Deadline: August 30, 2014
Accepted Paper Submission Deadline: August 30, 2014
Registration Deadline: September 30, 2014
More information to follow.